Friday, September 8, 2017

Two Years Later

Holy crap on a crap stick, two years already. Well damn.

I said I’d get back when things are stabilized and here I am. Although I’m going to go about it a bit differently. Sure I’ll still look into games and politics and things like that, but I want writing to be a habit for me. Or more importantly, I want creating to be a habit for me. Voice, Vids, Text, Pics, doesn’t matter. I’m going to do whatever I really can and just try to make it consistent. But I don’t want to stress myself out either. Things happen in life. I know it happens. So I’m going to do what is interesting to me. I’m going to include the people I love or people who are interesting to me. I want it to be less stress. So don’t worry if you hear or see or read other people on here than me. Don’t worry if it sounds like a different voice but see my name or face on it. I’m the only one with admin power. Both of me. I’m not going to just drop the Actively Nerdy contributor, but I may expand out and use it for more things. I’m still active. I’m still political. I’m still nerdy. I’m still everything I was before just getting older.

If you want to know why it took so long, I’m not sure either. Atrophy. Exhaustion. Writer’s block. Could really be anything, or everything. Getting out of the habit is easy, getting back in is hard.

What brought me back? I’m 25. And I heard a song that made me cry. Or more accurately, one lyric. The title of it.

“Who lives, Who dies, Who tells Your Story?”

Me. I do. I don’t know why I ever stopped.

No more stress, no self-imposed deadlines. I’m doing this for me.

We’ll live, We’ll die, I’ll tell my Story.


No comments:

Post a Comment